Light jets are the most economical choice for short to mid-range trips.
- These jets are sleek in design and typically seat 5-7 passengers.
- They have a maximum take-off weight of under 4500 kg’s (10,000 lbs)
- They cruise at 350 to 460 knots
- Can fly 800 to 1,500 nautical miles.
- In addition light jets are still compact enough to operate out of airports not accessible by many major airlines.
- For added comfort, performance and safety most light jet aircraft have pressurized passenger cabins and often have a semi-private lavatory.
- Annual operating expenses are generally 30% more than turboprops.
Manufacturers of light jet aircraft include Cessna, Dassault Falcon, Beechcraft Hawker & Embraer