Heavy jets are known for their wide-body cabin space and luxurious interiors, making them the favoured choice for business travel, professional athletes or celebrities and large parties in general. These jets combine transatlantic ability with the speed and comfort of a wide-body, high-altitude aircraft.
- Heavy jets can carry 8 to 14 passengers and sometimes include a sleeping quarter.
- They have ranges from 3,000 to 7,000 nautical miles.
- Speeds vary from 445 to 525 knots.
- The annual operating expenses for jets in this category easily top $1,500,000.
- Heavy Jet manufacturers include Bombardier Challengers & Globals, Dassault Falcon, Gulfstream and Embraer Legacy.
Whether it’s across the country or an ocean, heavy jets are the ultimate comfort in private jet travel.
Commercial jets, such as 737s, 747s, and many Airbus models can be found in private corporate configurations.
- Most of these aircraft have speeds around 450 knots or greater and have ranges in excess of 6,000 nautical miles.
- Such aircraft are commonly used by heads of state, professional sports teams and those in need of carrying more than 14 people.
- Most of these Aircraft are chartered for weddings, carrying passengers to & fro , and for large conference/events